Friday, March 27, 2009

Deads, Pullups, and some Snatch Experiments

Today is probably my last day of deadlifts before the TSC. I have read from a few sources that it is best to stop heavy deads two weeks out from a competition and just work on form during those last few days. I'm going to give that a try. Here's what I did:

Deadlift Warmup: 135x6, 225x3, 315x2
Deadlift Workset: 355x1

The 355 came up a little easier than I had expected. I think I am going to start with 360 at the competition and then go from there depending on how it feels.

Then I did:

Pullup Ladders: 1,2,3,4 x 3
Snatches: 60 to 70

Once again I didn't count the snatches. Today I just wanted to work on a couple of techniques that I have read about or seen to see how they feel. I tried a couple of breathing techniques and slowing down the reps. I also tried throwing the KB down towards my stomach instead of just letting it drop. That works really well I think. It adds a lot of momentum and makes it easier to bring it up again.

That's it. Pretty okay day.

No comments:

Post a Comment