Thursday, April 23, 2009

15:15 MV02 Protocol For the 1st Time

I guess you could say I'm a sucker. I bought into the hype and ordered a copy of KJ's Viking Warrior Conditiong. I read through it today and it is actually a pretty good read. He gets pretty deep into physiology and why his protocols work the way they do. I couldn't understand most of it, and I like to think of myself as pretty bright when it comes to this stuff, but from what I DID understand it looks pretty solid in the science department. So anyway, I found my MV02 cadence (turns out it is 7) and then rested a few minutes and got right into my first session.

16kg MV02 15:15 for 25 sets of 7 (175 snatches)

It went really well. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I'm probably going to do this 2-3 times a week using KJ's progression formula and see what happens.

Also, I tore two phonebooks today using the method I say on a video on straighttothebar.com last night. I don't know what the technique is called, but your palms are facing each other on opposite sides of the book. I was pretty stoked about it. Now I just need to find more phonebooks...

No comments:

Post a Comment