Friday, February 27, 2009

Deadlifts, snatches, chemistry, and the best Civil War Moustache since 1863!

I got up really early so that I could get a good workout in before I started to study for my chemistry test today. The test was brutal. Even now all I can see when I close my eyes are carboxylic acids, lipids, and amino acids. Anyway, the workout before the test was great.

Deadlift Warmup: 135x5, 225x3, 275x2
Deadlift Workset: 325x3x1
Pullup Ladders: 1,2,3 x 5
24kg KB Snatches: 64 in 3 minutes

I took it pretty easy on the snatches since my low back was a little tender from the deads and probably the swings a couple days ago. I kept my breathing under control and performed every rep in strict form. Felt really good. I'm still about 5 weeks out from the TSC and already feel like my conditioning is better than it was at the october TSC.

Oh, and I shaved my beard tonight after work into the most incredible Civil War Moustache that has been seen in over a century. It truly is a sight to see. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain would be very proud. Lindsey hates it.

No comments:

Post a Comment